Saturday, September 19, 2009

[Review] - Benny & Shrimp

Title: Benny & Shrimp
Author: Katarina Mazetti
Genre: Fiction
Year: 2009

I received this book for review from FSB Associates.

Summary: Two Middle-aged misfits and love that should not be as complicated as it seems.

It started in a cemetery, where they begrudgingly share a bench. "Shrimp," the childless young widow and librarian with a sharp intellect and a home so tidy that her jam jars are in alphabetical order, meets Benny, the gentle, overworked milk farmer who fears becoming the village's Old Bachelor. Both driven by an enormous longing and loudly ticking biological clocks, they can't escape the powerful attraction between them.

But how will she learn to accept that he falls asleep at the opera and has a house full of his mother's cross-stitch? An how could he ever feel at home in her minimalist apartment, bare as a dentist's waiting room?

Thoughts: When Benny & Shrimp first encounter each other they have both recently lost a loved one. They are lost and longing for companionship. Total opposites from one another and set in their ways. But is it possible for them to make things work....

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Benny & Shrimp is a charming read, a lovely romance. While both Benny and Shrimp are stubborn and are not really good with change, they are honest and lovable characters. I fell in love with them from the start. Once you start reading this book, you won't want to put it down. My only complaint would be the ending, while I thought the end was good, I was hoping for a bit more.

Score: 4 Stars

Author Website: http://www.katarinamazetti.com/

5 comments:

  1. Awww, I love the look of this book and have wanted to read it since it came out. It seems to sweet - great review, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting review and information. Thank you so much for sharing. I thought I'd check out your blog, really neat and interesting a fun place to stop bye at.

    thank you

    Barry Eva (Storyheart)
    Author of "Across the Pond"

    Blog: http://acrossthepond-storyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna!

    Aww, sounds like such a cute read, sweet.

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I'd enjoy this one too much but I do like the title for some reason lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this one. I'm glad to hear you did too Anna =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin