I seen this over at Erotic Horizon and it was just too good not to repost. :)
1. Thou shalt not buy discounted books from the bargain bin. This path can only lead to regret.
- But Half Price Bookstore is so hard to resist.
2. Thou shalt not buy the next two books in a series when thou has not yet read book one.
- I'm guilt of this. But I have gotten better over the last year, really I have.
3. Thou shall give away a book if thou has already tried to read it three times on three separate occasions.
-It usually only takes me two tries and then I pass the book on.
4. Thou shall keep a thorough record of all books thou owns so to avoid the dreaded and oft-embarrassing double-up.
-Surprisingly enough I don't have a list of all the books I own. But I do have my TBR list set up in a database program. LOL!
5. Thou shalt covet thy neighbours books. Thou shalt also covet thy best friend's, mother's, daughter's and thy library's books.
6. Thou shalt not attend charity book sales without a plan. A good plan.
-Oh, I always have a plan. It consists of a piece a paper with the name of books I plan to look for.
7. Thou shalt not borrow books from others unless thou desperately wants to read them.
-I rarely borrow books, unless it's from the library.
8. Thou shalt not buy books just because thou likes the covers.
-Oh I'm so very guilty of this one. I highly doubt it'll change.
9. Thou shalt not re-buy already owned books just so the covers and sizes match.
-This one too. Especially if the new book is out in hard cover and the rest of the
series is in paperback. I can't put a hardcover in the middle of a shelf with paperbacks, that's just wrong.
10. THOU SHALL NOT BUY MORE BOOKS THAN THOU CAN READ!
- Not likley to happen.