Friday, January 1, 2010

Top Books- 2009

The last few years I have been posting my Top 20 books. But this year I'm gonna do it a bit different. Below you'll find my favorite books I read this year by genre. If you want to see my entire list from 2009 it can be viewed here.

Paranormal Romance:
Dragon Actually- G.A. Aiken
In Over Her Head- Judi Fennell
Dead and Gone- Charlaine Harris
The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker- Leanna Renee Hieber
Big Bad Wolf- Christine Warren

Urban Fantasy:
Magic Strikes- Ilona Andrews
Bone Crossed- Patricia Briggs
Blood Vice- Keith Melton
Dreamfever- Karen Marie Moning
Tempest Rising- Nicole Peeler

Young Adult:
Graceling- Kristin Cashore
City of Glass- Cassandra Clare
The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins
Need- Carrie Jones
Shiver- Maggie Stiefvater

Historical Romance:
To Seduce A Sinner- Elizabeth Hoyt
Devil In Winter- Lisa Kleypas
Romancing Mr. Bridgerton- Julia Quinn
The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever- Julia Quinn
What Happens In London- Julia Quinn

Sci-Fi Romance:
Born of Night- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Finders Keepers- Linnea Sinclair

Erotic Romance:
Surrender Dorothy- R.G. Alexander
Wolf Signs- Vivian Arend
Pleasure and Purpose- Megan Hart
Kiss of Moonlight- Stephanie Julian
Pack Challenge- Shelley Laurenston

Fantasy:
Warbreaker- Brandon Sanderson
Storm Glass- Maria V. Snyder

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Stats:
Books: 308
Authors 159
79 of those Authors I read for the first time
Reviews: 70


2010 we will see some wonderful releases coming out. Here are some I'm really looking forward to:

Captivate- Carrie Jones
Moon Craving- Lucy Monroe
Black Magic Sanction- Kim Harrison
Out of Body- Stella Cameron
Hex Hall- Rachel Hawkins
Silver Borne- Patricia Briggs
Changes- Jim Butcher
Dead in the Family- Charlaine Harris
Lover Mine- J.R. Ward
Magic Bleeds- Ilona Andrews
Tracking the Tempest- Nicole Peeler
The Hunger Games 3- Suzanne Collins

16 comments:

  1. Happy New year!

    So many good books in there, I really want to try What happens in London, adn the rest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Anna!

    I like some of your favorite picks! Dragon Actually and Percy Parker :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna,

    You are still my book reading hero - you read twice as many books as I did. LOL

    Happy New Year my friend. :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Anna!

    Wow, you read some amazing books last year, congratulations Anna!

    Thanks for all the recommendations Anna. I admire your blog and your prolific reading.

    Best to you.

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blodeuedd...
    Hope you like What Happens In London. I really liked it. But then I've love most of the Quinn books I've read.

    Thanks Amy, Hope you have a good one too.

    Michelle,
    Awww Thanks. :) Hope you have a good one too.

    Lea...
    Happy New Year to you too! Glad you enjoy my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adored Hoyt's, To Seduce A Sinner, it hasn't gotten enough attention, imo. It has to be one of the best character studies in romance.

    Great list. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new Year Anna! Seems 2009 was an excellent year for you. I hope 2010 is just as great if not better =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Anna!

    YAY, LK and JQ are going strong in the Historical dept ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep! Out of all the Historical's I've read Lisa Kleypas and Julia Quinn have been my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent list of your favorites! Saw several of my favorite books listed as well, and found a few new ones I want to check out. Thanks for the recommendations!

    Happy New Year Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice list with some great suggestions for myself for 2010! I'm looking forward to Yasmine Galenorn's "Bone Magic" and Leanna Renee Hieber's sequel to "Strangely Beautiful", which is "The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker" coming in April.

    Happy 2010 from a first time visitor to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, Anna, and I'm honored that you included a book I wrote on your list.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Liz...
    I'm looking forward to The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker too.


    Hi Judi...
    Happy New Year to you too!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list. I'm glad to see someone else has had the good sense to add Warbreaker to their top fantasy books of the year

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year, Anna!

    I never get tired of reading book bloggers' year end lists. I did my list the same way you did... and see we share two urban fantasy picks--BONE CROSSED and MAGIC STRIKES.

    I'm in awe that you read over 300 books. I read about a quarter of that.

    Here's to great reads in 2010!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Bridgerton books by Julia Quinn. I also enjoyed Storm Glass and Warbreaker. Great reads last year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin