Monday, January 18, 2010

[Review] - Original Sin

Title: Original Sin
Author: Allison Brennan
Series: The Seven Deadly Sins
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Release Date: January 26, 2010

I received this book for review from Meryl L. Moss Media Relations.

Summary: Haunted by chilling memories of demonic possession and murder, Moira O'Donnell has spent seven years hunting down her mother, Fiona, whose command of black magic has granted her unprecedented control of the underworld. Now Moira's global search has led her to a small California town that's about to become hell on earth.

Tormented by his own terrifying past and driven by powers he can't explain, ex-seminarian Rafe Cooper joins Moira's dangerous quest. But Fiona is one devilish step ahead. Hungry for greater power, eternal youth, and stunning beauty, the sorceress is unleashing upon the mortal world the living incarnations of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Together with a demonologist, a tough female sheriff, and a pair of star-crossed teenagers, Moira and Rafe are humanity's last chance to snatch salvation from the howling jaws of damnation.

Thoughts: Original Sin was a smooth read. Not bogged down by unnecessary description. It was a fast, intriguing read full of suspense and danger. A spellbinding novel of good vs. evil. I definitely recommended checking this book out.

Allison Brennan is an author I don't usually read, mainly because I'm not a big fan of romantic suspense. But her latest book, Original Sin caught my eye. It was a delight to read, I'm glad I got the chance to read it. The author weaves the paranormal and suspense brilliantly. Ms. Brennan is certainly a mistress of suspense. There were a few times that I found myself on the edge of my seat.

The publisher has this labeled as a Paranormal Romance, to me it seemed more of an Urban Fantasy. But I think fans of both genres will enjoy this book.

Score: 4 Stars

Author Website: http://www.allisonbrennan.com/

Upcoming Releases:
Carnal Sin (Seven Deadly Sins Book 2)- June 22nd
Mortal Sin (Seven Deadly Sins Book 3)- September 28th

7 comments:

  1. I really, really enjoyed Original Sin. I agree with you that Allison Brennan is the mistress of suspense. Great review -- as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, and for me who is finally figuring out the difference between UF and PR, well it would be fun to see if I then could figure this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review, Anna. Between you and Donna, this is the first I'm hearing of this new series. Sounds promising and I must say, the cover is quite eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never read anything by Allison Brennan before but this is a terrific review. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna,

    This one sounds good and I love the cover. :) Glad you enjoyed it.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been curious about this book after seeing it around, particularly due to the interesting cover. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review, Anna! I love Allison Brennan and am very excited about this new series.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin