Friday, February 11, 2011

[ARC Review] - Pale Demon

Title: Pale Demon
Author: Kim Harrison
Series: The Hollows
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Release Date: February 22, 2011

I received this book for review from Harper Collins/EOS through Library Thing Early Reviewers.


Summary:  Condemned and shunned for black magic, Rachel Morgan has three days to get to the annual witches’ conference and clear her name, or be trapped in the demonic ever-after . . . forever after.

But a witch, an elf, a living vampire, and a pixy in one car going across the country? Talk about a recipe for certain disaster, even without being the targets for assassination.

For after centuries of torment, a fearsome demon walks in the sunlight—freed at last to slay the innocent and devour their souls. But his ultimate goal is Rachel Morgan, and in the fight for survival that follows, even embracing her own demonic nature may not be enough to save her.

Thoughts: Rachel is headed for San Francisco to take part in her brother's wedding. But before she can do that she must attend the Annual Witches Convention to clear her name.  Before she leaves town things start to fall apart quickly and she is reduced to sharing a ride with Trent Kalamack.  With assassins on their tail, it'll be a miracle if Rachel and company make to California in one piece.

This is the 9th book in The Hollows series, and it's still fresh and exciting as ever.  Pale Demon is a roller coaster ride, and I loved every minute.  An epic road trip that changes everything.  Kim Harrison is a master at capturing the reader.  She writes amazing characters that find their way to your heart, even the villainous ones.

There are so many things I'm eager to say about the book, but everyone would be a spoiler. This installment really wowed me, maybe even more than the previous books. I loved and hated the ending.  Loved it for what it might bring in the future and hated because it was the end of the book. When it comes to this series I always want more. It's definitely a must read.

I recommend both this book and the series. But if you are new to this series, I highly recommend you start with book one: Dead Witch Walking.

Score: 5 Stars

Author Website: http://www.kimharrison.net/

The Hollows series:
Dead Witch Walking
The Good, The Bad and The Undead
Every Witch Way But Dead
A Fistful of Charms
For A Few Demons More
The Outlaw Demon Wails
White Witch, Black Curse
Black Magic Sanction
Pale Demon

Upcoming Releases:
Pale Demon- February 22, 2011
Something Deadly This Way Comes- May 24, 2011
Blood Work (graphic novel)- July 12, 2011

6 comments:

  1. I REALLY like that cover! Great review of this new to me author! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed her books. When Kisten died in maybe book 4 I felt like someone I knew had died. I wasn't even sure I wanted to imagine the series without him. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good review! It really sounds interesting and such a pretty cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series Anna and can't wait to get my copy. :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog Anna....B.( Michelle's Mom)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin