Thursday, September 15, 2011

BBAW 2011: Reading and Blogging


Today's topic is Readers, with several sub-topics to pick from. One of the sub-questions is Have you discovered books you never would have apart from book blogging?  Here are a few titles that I love, that I probably would have never picked up if they hadn't come so highly recommend by book bloggers.

Daughter of the Blood - Anne Bishop

I was pretty new to blogging when Amy C from Romance Book Wyrm told me  how much she loved this book/series and that I should give it a try.  I'm picky when it comes to fantasy so I was a bit leery at first. I didn't pick it up right away, but when I did I was blown away by this world. So dark, but brightly lush has well. This book definitely made me more open to the fantasy genre.

Book Description:
Seven hundred years ago, a Black Widow witch saw an ancient prophecy come to life in her web of dreams and visions. Now the Dark Kingdom readies itself for the arrival of its Queen, a Witch who will wield more power than even the High Lord of Hell himself. But she is still young, still open to influence-and corruption.

Whoever controls the Queen controls the darkness. Three men-sworn enemies-know this. And they know the power that hides behind the blue eyes of an innocent young girl. And so begins a ruthless game of politics and intrigue, magic and betrayal, where the weapons are hate and love-and the prize could be terrible beyond imagining...

 Secrets of A Summer  Night - Lisa Kleypas

When I met Barbara from Happily Forever After a few years ago. I wasn't too open to reading Historical Romance. Mind you I had read the genre before, but not a lot.  She told me I had to read The Wallflowers series, a must read. Not only did she recommend the book, she sent me a copy.  I am so glad she did. I read the first book Secrets of A Summer Night in just a little over 24 hours. Then preceded to go out and purchase the rest of this series. I was absolutely sucked in to this story of Wallflowers and eager to read more. Reading this first book lead me to read more books by Lisa Klepas and after that it lead me to Julia Quinn & Elizabeth Hoyt. Thank you Barbara!

Book Description:
Four young ladies enter London society with one common goal: they must use their feminine wit and wiles to find a husband.So a daring husband-hunting scheme is born.

Annabelle Peyton, determined to save her family from disaster, decides to use her beauty and wit to tempt a suitable nobleman into making an offer of marriage. But Annabelle's most intriguing—and persistent—admirer, wealthy, powerful Simon Hunt, has made it clear that while he will introduce her to irresistible pleasure he will not offer marriage. Annabelle is determined to resist his unthinkable proposition . . . but it is impossible in the face of such skillful seduction.

Her friends, looking to help, conspire to entice a more suitable gentleman to offer for Annabelle, for only then will she be safe from Simon—and her own longings. But on one summer night, Annabelle succumbs to Simon's passionate embrace and tempting kisses . . . and she discovers that love is the most dangerous game of all.

 Naked In Death - J.D. Robb

Ever since I became friends with Christine from The Happily Ever After... She has urged me to try J.D. Robb's In Death series a try.  I'm a Paranormal girl so I always put them off. Not really being into Romantic Suspense. Last year I was in a rut and need a change so I decided to read book 1, Naked In Death.  Once again I was amazed how much I enjoyed it. Eve and Roarke are incredible characters to read about. I also liked the fact there was a touch of the futuristic to the series.  I'm nowhere near caught up in the series, but I have read the first three books and so far I'm really liking it.

Book Description:
Eve Dallas is a New York police lieutenant hunting for a ruthless killer. In over ten years on the force, she's seen it all - and knows that her survival depends on her instincts. And she's going against every warning telling her not to get involved with Roarke, an Irish billionaire - and suspect in Eve's murder investigation. But passion and seduction have rules of their own, and it's up to Eve to take a chance in the arms of a man she knows nothing about - except the addictive hunger of needing his touch.

 Three books I wouldn't have read if it weren't for my fellow bloggers and now I recommend them to you!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVED the Black Jewels series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The In Death series is a great one and one I was turned on to by a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Naked in Death and this series! I recommend them to just about everybody and can't get enough of them myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. J.D. Robb is a perfect example of a series I never would have read without book bloggers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of recs, Anna! And I'm not just saying that because one is from me. LOL! ; )

    I've read the Black Jewels series thanks to Amy, too! I've only read the first trilogy, though. Someday I hope to get to the rest.

    I've read Secrets of a Summer Night and have the other four 'season' books in the Wallflowers series on my TBR shelf! I have to read them!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed Naked in Death. The series is really great and a nice change of pace once in a while from romance. I hope you read more!

    Thanks for the mention. xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine,

    Your welcome! Oh definitely check out the rest of the Wallflowers. Great series.

    In Death is always a nice change. I'm listening to the audio of the latest one now. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin