Friday, October 14, 2011

[Review] - Pariah, Issue #1

Title: Pariah, Issue #1
Writers: Aron Warner, Philip Gelatt
Artists: Brett Weldele
Cover Artists: Brett Weldele
Series: Pariah
Genre: Young Adult
Release Date: June 2011

I received this book for review from Sea Lion Books.

Summary: Brent Marks is not a freak. He's one of the "PARIAH", a group of teens who become extremely intelligent after being cured of a genetic disorder. Although in most ways a normal teen, Brent is considered dangerous and is tracked down by the government who see these kids as an enormous threat.

Can he evade them? What do they have planned for Brent and the others?

Thoughts: Set in Akron, Ohio - in the year 2025. Issue #1 introduces you to Brent Marks, who just wants normalcy. But he is a vitro. A vitro is a person who was cured of genetic disorder. Being cured has resulted in high intelligence. As of just recently all vitros are now considered dangerous and part of a terrorist cell.

Prior to reading it I hadn't heard of Pariah, but I'm glad I got a chance to check it out. I enjoyed both the characters and story. Pariah is both dark and funny. Brent Marks is captivating character. I loved the futuristic setting, it had me eager to learn more about this world. I thought the art was fantastic, I love the gritty feel to it.

Score: 4 Stars

Where to Buy:
Comixology (digital downloads) | Sea Lion Books | Things From Another World





Check out the rest of the video's at Pariah's YouTube Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin