Wednesday, November 23, 2011

[Review] - Dirty Blood by Heather Hildenbrand

Title: Dirty Blood
Author: Heather Hildenbrand
Series: Dirty Blood
Genre: Young Adult
Release Date: April 2, 2011

I received this book for review from the author.

Summary:  I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.

And even now there are two thoughts that are so clear, they feel branded into my mind: One, Werewolves do exist, and two, I was born to kill them.

Thoughts: After calling things off with boyfriend Tara is stranded and decides to walk home. Before she can get too far she finds a girl and unbelievable to Tara she shifts into a wolf. The wolf attacks and minutes later Tara is in shock that she killed the wolf/girl.  Her reality instantly changes. She literally bumps into Wes, a guy that seems to have the answers to all the questions.

Good read! This story might seem similar to any other YA stories but, it's well written with interesting characters that make it an enjoyable. I have read many stories with vampire hunters, but I think this is a first for a werewolf hunter. I found Dirty Blood to be fascinating  story. With enough action, danger and romance to keep you immersed in the story.

Score: 3 Stars

Author Website: http://heatherhildenbrand.blogspot.com/

Dirty Blood series:
Dirty Blood
Cold Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin