Friday, November 25, 2011

[Review] - Pariah, Issue #4

Title: Pariah, Issue #4
Writers: Aron Warner, Philip Gelatt
Artists: Brett Weldele
Cover Artists: Brett Weldele
Series: Pariah
Genre: Young Adult
Release Date: October 2011

I received this book for review from Sea Lion Books.

Summary: Issue #4 gives us the origins of Franklin Hyde. His hopes for vitros and how sad and badly it backfires.

Thoughts: This issue features Franklin Hyde. He has brought all the vitros together, to take them to a place he calls "A place for us to be free".  He is a vitros himself, but hasn't complete convinced some of the others  this isn't a con.  We also learn that Franklin didn't have a very good childhood.  Both his parents have powerful positions and have hidden him away from the outside world because of what he is.

Good story! I felt bad for Franklin Hyde.  He has lived quite a lonely existence, One of his parents making. They were ignorant and cruel and treated him different because of what he is.  Another great character, loved that he took a stand for himself and others like him.  Wow! I wasn't expecting that ending at all. Can't wait to read more.

Score: 4 Stars

Book Website: http://www.pariahonline.com/wp/



2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about this series, but haven't picked it up yet. While I'm not in love with the artwork, a good story can make up for that with me. So, the whole thing is good then are worth reading?


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when I first started this series I wasn't too sure about it. But so far I have been really liking it. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin