Monday, July 16, 2012

Interview with Amanda Grange

Hi Amanda, Welcome back to Anna's Book Blog! I'm glad to have you here. To start off can you tell the readers a little about yourself? Hi Anna. I’m from Yorkshire, England originally but I now live in Cheshire. I studied music at Nottingham University and then went into teaching, but just over ten years ago I became a professional writer. I’d always written as a hobby but I had a dream of being published one day, then I thought, ‘Well, why not today?’ So I set about seriously writing and I’ve been loving it ever since.

Pride & Pyramids is your latest novel, can you tells us a little about it?
It’s a sequel to Pride and Prejudice, set fifteen years after Lizzy and Darcy get married. They have six lively children and they’re all infected with the spirit of adventure when Darcy’s cousin, Edward Fitzwilliam (Col Fitzwilliam’s younger brother) tells them of his plans to go to Egypt to look for buried treasure and a hidden tomb.

What is your writing day like?
Chaotic! Sometimes I’m very organised and I work 9 to 5, other days I write haphazardly, often until 2 or 3 in the morning. No two days are the same.

When your not writing what kind of books do you like to read?
I like to read a variety of books. Some of my longtime favourites (besides Jane Austen) are Georgette Heyer and Agatha Christie. I like funny books, like PG Wodehouse, and I also like fantasy like Lord of the Rings.

What are 3 things that are "must haves" for you when you sit down to write a book?
I have to have something which drives me to the computer. Sometimes it’s a scene that I just have to write, or a character who intrigues me. Or sometimes it’s a setting that I know I want to explore.

In your writing, its obvious you love both history and romance. Is there a book from either or both genres that inspired you to want to write?
Yes, plenty! Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights or anything by Victoria Holt, Georgette Heyer and Jean Plaidy.

What do you like most about writing Pride & Prejudice books?
I just love spending time with those characters, I feel like they’re friends. I’m interested in them and I love finding out about what they’re doing!

Fans of P&P are either partial to loving Colin Firth or Matthew Macfadyen as Mr Darcy.  Do you have a favorite actor who has played Darcy? If so, who is it?
For me, it would have to be David Rintoul. He was Mr Darcy in the first adaptation of Pride and Prejudice I ever saw, so for me he is always Mr Darcy.

If you could give your lead characters one piece of advice, what would it be?
Be yourself.

If you can, please tell us what is next for you?
We’re writing a book together called A Jane Austen Christmas, which is a contemporary romance about a group of Jane Austen fans. They all have tangled love lives, and over the course of the book their love lives are sorted out. It’s a lot of fun. 

Pride & Pyramids
Mr. Darcy In Egypt

By Amanda Grange & Jacqueline  Web

Out Now

THE PLEASING AND PROPER DARCY FAMILY VISITS THE LAND OF THE PHAROHS.

Pulled into the craze of Egyptology, the Darcys and their lively children embark on an expedition to find a hidden tomb and uncover its treasure. Not only are immeasurable riches awaiting them in the exotic land of the Sphinx, but also danger and betrayal and the chance to lay an ancient grudge to rest...


Author Links:
Website

Purchase Links:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository | IndieBound


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin