Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Interview with Rachel Carrington



Hi Rachel, Welcome to Anna's Book Blog! I'm glad to have you here.To start off can you tell the readers a little about yourself? 
Sure, and thank you for having me here today. I’ve been writing for over twenty-five years. I was a paralegal for seventeen of those years, but when that job went away in 2005, I was able to focus on my writing full-time. Here are some quick and easy facts: I live on the East Coast where there’s plenty of sunshine and an occasional hurricane. I drink way too much coffee. I’m addicted to HGTV (Property Brothers-can anyone blame me?) I create book videos for my books as well as other authors. I’m a night owl. Most nights I don’t go to bed until after four in the morning. Target is my second home. I have a sarcastic sense of humor that goes right along with being outspoken. Both have gotten me into trouble a time or two.

The First Spell is your newest release, can you tell us a little about it?
The First Spell is the prequel to the books included in the Hot Magic series which are Indigo Spell, Unchained Spell, and Breaking the Spell. That series is about three brothers who happen to be wizards. The First Spell tells the love story of the parents. Here is the “official” book description: Captivated by a wizard with amnesia, Jensen knows he’s only asking for trouble when he takes her to his world. Finding out she’s a member of an enemy guild doesn’t change his connection to her. And their first kiss only strengthens his need to keep her close. Barely knowing her own name, Charlemaine begins having horrible visions of impeding doom, and she’s labeled an enemy of Jensen’s guild. She doesn’t trust she isn’t being used as bait to bring down the group of powerful wizards, but she doesn’t want to leave Jensen. Jensen will risk anything to save Charlemaine’s life when magic gives way to betrayal. But will the need for vengeance overcome even the strongest love?

What is your writing day like?
My writing day doesn’t actually get started until around eleven in the evening. That’s when I head to my bed with my laptop. I’m fortunate to be a fast writer so I generally write about an hour, sometimes less. Then I focus on the other aspects of this career like engaging with readers and reviewing books I’ve read.

When you’re not writing what kind of books do you like to read? 
Right now, I’m addicted to young adult paranormal and fantasy, but I do read paranormal and fantasy romance as well.

What are 3 things that are "must haves" for you when you sit down to write a book? 
My laptop
Sobe water
A fan

What inspired you the most when writing The First Spell? 
Even though it’s been five years since the release of Jaxon’s story in Indigo Spell, I still get questions about this series, and that was what told me I needed to tell another story. I had originally written another full-length novel in the series, but it got shelved due to other commitments. When I knew I wanted to write another book in this series, I just got inspired by the idea of telling the parents’ story as that is where the three brothers began.

If you could give your lead characters one piece of advice, what would it be? 
Stop talking so much and start listening more.

Since becoming published, what has been your favorite part of the process?
It’s a toss-up between actually writing and marketing the story which I used to hate. Now, it’s one of my favorite things to do. I love interacting with readers, reading their thoughts, and knowing I’m on the right track (or if I’m not!)

If you can, please tell us what is next for you? 
I have several things coming up. The most immediate is the prequel to my Spirit series which is one of my favorite series I’ve ever written. It’s about a trio of Angels of Death and how they fall in love. I ended the sequel sooner than I should have because there were still too many stories calling out to me. So I decided to write a prequel just to revisit the Spirits.


THE FIRST SPELL
By Rachel Carrington 

 prequel to the Hot Magic Series, this is a standalone book

Out Now! 

Captivated by a wizard with amnesia, Jensen knows he’s only asking for trouble when he takes her to his world. Finding out she’s a member of an enemy guild doesn’t change his connection to her. And their first kiss only strengthens his need to keep her close.

Barely knowing her own name, Charlemaine begins having horrible visions of impeding doom, and she’s labeled an enemy of Jensen’s guild. She doesn’t trust she isn’t being used as bait to bring down the group of powerful wizards, but she doesn’t want to leave Jensen.

Jensen will risk anything to save Charlemaine’s life when magic gives way to betrayal. But will the need for vengeance overcome even the strongest love?

The First Spell can be purchased at Amazon.

Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin