Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday features a different topic and you post your top ten list related to the topic.
This weeks topic is Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012.
1. Veronica Wolff
- Isle of Night - Going into this book I didn't have high hopes, but I ended up loving it. Among the YA vampire books this one definitely stands out. It's refreshing after 100 or so vampire meets girl and falls in love stories.
- A Game of Thrones - I started this one in 2011 and finished it in 2012. Of course I had heard of George R.R. Martin, but it wasn't until after watching the tv show that I feel in love. I'm slowly making my way through book 2, A Clash of Kings.
- Shatter Me - This the book that lived up to the hype. Dystopian isn't my favorite, but this book ended up sucking me in. Can't wait to see what will happen in book two.
- Looking for Alaska - I'm still reading this one, but I'm loving it. I was actually introduced to John Green through the YouTube Channel VlogBrothers , which he runs with his brother Hank Green. These two are just plain awesome. Checking out John's books were a must for me.
- Royal Street - An Urban Fantasy that takes place in New Orleans during and after Katrina, I was hooked from the first page.
- Lies Beneath - Evil Mermaids living in Lake Superior... there was a lot to love with this one.
- Hearts of Darkness - Before Kira got published she was a book blogger, her blog was one of the first I read when I started blogging. I was overjoyed for her that she got published and really enjoyed her book.
- The Greyfriar - I listen to this one on audio, read by James Marsters. Which means there wasn't much to dislike about it. I loved the mixture dystopian, fantasy and steampunk.
- Kiss of Steel - A nice mixture of paranormal and steampunk. I loved hero Blade!
- A Discovery of Witches - I listened to this one on audio as well and was mesmerized by the narrator. I adored Diana and Matthew's story, I'm looking forward to reading more of this series.