Monday, January 7, 2013

Reading Resolutions for 2013

I was a bit slow and getting this posted. But here are my reading resolutions for 2013.

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
  • I'm over half way through this one. So, I hope to finish it soon so I can start reading book 3, A Storm of Swords.
Rift by Andrea Cremer
  • I loved the Nightshade series. I meant to read Rift right when it came out, but it didn't happen.
Darkness Unbound by Keri Arthur
  • Curses to time. I just never got around to this one last year. 
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
  • I have been reluctant to start this one. I do have this one in audio, so I want to get to it this year.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  • I had this one on my list last year and didn't get around to it. So, here's to hope.
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
  • I read Looking for Alaska at the end of 2012 and have been itching to begin this one. I hear it's pretty amazing. 
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
  • Have this one in audio over half way through just haven't gotten around to finishing it.
Out of Oz by Gregory
  • The fourth and last book of Wicked Years. I adore this series, especially the first book, Wicked. This last installment has been on my shelf close to a year... must read soon.
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
  • I loved the last book right up until the very end. I have been putting this one off for a while, but hope to get to it this year. 
Rapture by Lauren Kate
  • I have really enjoyed this series. I loved the first book. I'm eager to see how it'll end for the tortured lovers. 

6 comments:

  1. Great reading resolutions! I love, love, love Outlander! And The Fault in Our Stars was amazing too (have some tissues handy!). I want to read Rift too (I think). I hated the way that the Nightshade series ended ... a lot. But I did love the first two books in the series and think that Andrea Cremer is a great writer, so I'll get around to reading Rift I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree... the end of the Nightshade series wasn't exactly my favorite either.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your comments. I, for one, am pretty much finished with any kind of resolution. I end up disappointing myself and find that if I just make a pile of "to be read" kind of books I get to them all eventually. For me this works without the self-beating I give myself when I fail at the reading challenges and such. But it's good to think on and I think you for stimulating the ole gray matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. Well, I'm not too strict about the list... I just hope read them during the year. The only thing I'm strict with is my read count. I have it set at 150, hopefully I'll reach it again.

      Delete
  3. nice list! i have a casual vacancy on audio, too, but i just haven't been in the mood to start it. and i still need to read game of thrones. it's on the list, i swear! i need to catch up on city of lost souls, too. the problem is i wait soooo long between books that i totally forget what happened in the previous one. i feel like i have to go back and start the series over again. :(

    good luck with your goals and happy new year!

    fishgirl182 @ nite lite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like that too. But sadly don't do it often. I have too many books to read... to do any re-reading.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin