Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WWW Wednesday 2 | 27 | 13


A weekly event where you answer these three questtions
1. What are you currently reading?
2. What did you recently finish reading?
3. What do you think you'll read next?


What are you currently reading?
Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian -  Book #11 in the Midnight Breeds series. I'm about 100 pages into the story. Loving it, even more than the last book.  For those who have been reading the series will be familiar with the young girl Mira that the Order took in. Now she is all grown up and a warrior.  Look for my review of this soon.







To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee - Shockingly I never read this one in high school.  This book/movie is a favorite of my Mom's. So, I have been meaning to read this for a while and just decided to jump in. I haven't gotten too far, but I'm enjoying what I've read so far. 








What did you recently finish reading?
Firebrand by Gillian Philip - Book #1 of the Rebel Angels series. This series is already out in the U.K. and now becoming available here in the U.S. I fell in love with the story and characters. If you have a love for fantasy and anything Scottish, you should check this one out. Look for my review next week.







What do you think you'll read next?
Bite Me, Your Grace by Brooklyn Ann - this is a April 2013 release from Sourcebooks. It looks like it'll be a fun read. I couldn't resist... with a title like that.

13 comments:

  1. I didn't read To Kill A Mockingbird until after I'd finished school. It's a very good read. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the most part I hated reading in school. So, I'm kinda glad I'm read it now with a totally different perspective and love for reading.

      Delete
  2. For some odd reason, unfathomable to me now, I haven't yet read To Kill A Mockingbird either. I did see most of the movie, when I was a kid, and even then I was impressed with Gregory Peck's performance. Who thinks about an actor's performance when they're a kid watching an old movie? I usually did not think about this - but that's how good Peck was. Impressive.

    Firebrand sounds interesting - when I used to read romance novels, I used to love those featuring Scottish characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen parts of the movie. Once I finish the book I'm going to watch it.

      Delete
  3. Your books are so different from mine! So interesting to break out the mold and see what other people are reading. Hope you enjoy. Take care. You can find mine at: http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice. I usually stick to my favorite genres, but lately I break out and read something different. It can be a nice change of pace, especially if you are in a reading funk.

      Delete
  4. Your post makes me want to read To Kill a Mockingbird again. I read it in school but that's been sooooo long ago I'd like to read it again!

    I've just discovered your blog thanks to the WWW, it's great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,

      Thanks for stopping by. It's always great finding new blogs. :)

      Delete
  5. I get my copy of Lara Adrian's new book tomorrow. Can't wait to read that book. I'm currently reading Contol Point by Myke Cole. It's slow going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian's new book is a good one. Look forward to hearing what you think.

      Delete
  6. I read the first Adrian book and keep meaning to get back into that series. Firebrand sounds amazing!!
    http://lostinsidethecovers.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/www-wednesdays-feb-27th/

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Kill a Mockingbird is classic must read book. It is so worth all the prasie it receives. It remains a favourite.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin