Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday features a different topic and you post your top ten list related to the topic.

This weeks topic is Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger.

1. Interview with the Vampire- Anne Rice
  • Lestat & Louis were my first vampire crushes. I was hooked on vampires from them on. 
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone- J.K. Rowling
  • Sorcerer's Stone sat on my shelve for many, many months before I picked it up. I was only reading once in a while back then. But once I read SS.. it opened so many other worlds for me. A bookworm was born. 
3. The Mists of Avalon- Marion Zimmer Bradley
  • In 2001 I seen the movie with the same name. I was so enamored with world of King Arthur and Avalon I had to read the book.  It's a tomb of 1024 pages. I took me a while to get through it, but I loved it. As always the book offered so much more of the world than the movie did.
4. The Witching Hour- Anne Rice
  • After I finished up with Rice's vampires I jumped into her witches. This book is still one of my favorite books to this day. This book is laced with beautiful architecture and brilliant history. I was hooked from the first page. 
5. Twilight- Stephenie Meyer
  • I read Twilight back when it first came out in 2006. Before things exploded, there was just the one book and I loved every bit of. It's still a favorite way more than the movies are. 
6. Moon Called- Patricia Briggs
  • Moon Called was one of the first  Urban Fantasy titles I read. I actually didn't realize it was UF until much later. I just new I loved it. The story and cover. 
7. Dark Lover- J.R. Ward
  • Dark Lover was a find at the store. I knew it was vampires, so I picked it up along with Lover Eternal. When I started reading Dark Lover I was clueless to how addicting these males were gonna be. 
8. Hunting the Hunter- Shiloh Walker
  •  Hunting the Hunter is book 8 in the Hunters series and its where I started. At the time I didn't realize it was part of a series. I was hooked after reading it and ended up reading the previous books. But book 8 is still my favorite book in the series.
9. Night Pleasures- Sherrilyn Kenyon
  • Next to Sookie Stackhouse and Black Dagger Brotherhood, the Dark-Hunters series is my favorite. I can never get enough of it. I have enjoy all the books but the first is still one of my favorites.
10. Kushiel's Dart- Jacqueline Carey
  •  Beautiful world and addicting characters.  This is another big book, but it so very much worth it.

6 comments:

  1. I also included Interview with the Vampire. My very first literary crush was Lestat. I actually saw the movie first - when I was WAY too young to see it - against my mother's orders. Then when I was about twelve I finally picked up the books, and absolutely devour them. Now, I can't help but compare all other vampire fiction to Anne Rice's creations.

    Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seen the movie too, before reading the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter woo who. Love that series, read books one through four when I was pregnant with my son. That was thirteen years ago and I was blown away with how wonderful they were. I read Twilight series and devoured those as well. Your post wants me to pick up my favorites and reread them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love most of the books on your list! I'll need to check out the 2 I haven't read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haven't read many of these, except of course HP :)

    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mists of Avalon is on my list too. Such a fantastic book. I was completely enraptured by it. I watched some of the miniseries, but so not the same.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin