Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Interview with Hilary Wynne

Thank you so much for having me Anna. I appreciate the opportunity to talk about my debut novel, Stay.

Hi Hilary, welcome to Anna's Book Blog. I'm glad to have you here. To start off can you tell the readers a little about yourself? I’m originally from Southern California but live in Northern Virginia now. I’ve also lived in Florida and New Mexico. I own a construction company which I run with my husband, Jack. I am also a busy mom of five. Three are older and out of the house but my two youngest keep me running around. I started playing tennis a few years ago and it has become my passion. I play a few times a week. But, these days, I really am only writing when I have time.

Stay is your debut release, can you tells us a little about it? Stay is about a couple who meet and find that they can’t stay away from each other despite the fact that neither was looking for a relationship. They are both wary of love and struggle to believe what they are feeling is real. The book is about their journey. It takes place in South Florida in current times and has all the elements of a good romance novel; love, steamy sex, drama, intrigue and it even has a unique love triangle.

What is your writing day like? I really don't have a typical writing day. I try to get up early and get some words on the page before my non author life requires my attention. I also write late at night. If I can squeeze it in during the day I will. I'm always thinking about writing and am constantly jotting down notes on my phone or random scraps of paper around the house and in the car.

When you’re not writing what kind of books do you like to read? I truly read all types of book but my favorite genre is historical fiction. I love going new places through my reading so books set in different countries always pull me in.

What are 3 things that are "must haves" for you when you sit down to write a book? I listen to music when I write so I need my headphones. As for the other two things, I'd say coffee (early/late hours) and time. If I don't really have the time and I'm rushed, my writing isn't as solid.

Which books are you looking forward in 2014? I am a huge Khalid Hosseini fan and the next book I read will be And the Mountains Echoed. I also love JoJo Moyes and want to read The Girl You Left Behind.

What is your favorite thing about writing Contemporary Romance? My favorite thing about writing period, developing the characters and watching them come to life. In a romance novel I get to watch them fall in love and discover the passion. That's a fun thing to write.

While writing Stay, what inspired you the most? If I had to pick one thing that inspired me the most it would have to be my family and close friends. They were all excited for me and kept pushing me to continue. They gave me the time and space to make Stay happen.

If you could give your lead characters one piece of advice, what would it be? My advice to my lead character, Alexa, would be to believe. She needs to believe in herself, in Julian and in the love they are feeling.

What is next for you? I just finished writing the second novel in the series, Hold On. It should be out in April. I started the third novel in the series yesterday so I'm still busy writing. I know there will be at least three books in this series and after that, I'll just have to see where I want to go in my writing journey. It's been an amazing ride do far.

Thanks so much for having me on.
Hilary

Stay
By Hilary Wynne
Out Now


Alexa is beautiful, independent and hard to resist for serially unattached Julian. Neither one is looking for a relationship, but their palpable chemistry and instant emotional connection is too strong to ignore. For the first time in years, Julian is interested in more than just sex. He wants a relationship with intoxicating Alexa, but it's not that simple.

Not only are Julian and Alexa struggling with the intensity of this new relationship, but they also have to contend with Luke, Alexa's best friend, whose own love for her leaves him willing to do anything to convince her that Julian is not the man for her. Luke's determination and Alexa's secret past threaten to tear Julian and Alexa apart as she struggles to open her heart to love.

Julian and Alexa embark upon a roller-coaster ride of emotional and physical passion that both pulls them apart and holds them together. Despite their affinity for each other, Alexa fears that Julian will leave when he learns about her past and Julian is unsure he can love a woman who in so many ways remains a mystery, a woman who keeps threatening to run, a woman who can't decide if she is going to STAY.

Author Links:
Website | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Twitter

Purchase Links:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository | IndieBound

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin