Tuesday, February 10, 2015

[Mini-Review]: If I Stay & Where She Went by Gayle Forman

I watched If I Stay when it came out on DVD. I enjoyed it and knew with that last scene I had to read the books.

If I Stay
By Gayle Forman
4 Stars

Description: In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen ­year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make.

Thoughts: If I Stay was absolutely wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time. I loved all the characters. Mia and Adam's journey was an exciting one. But I also loved Mia's parents too. They had such an amazing relationship with their kids.  If you do end up reading this book, I must warn you... you won't be able to resist reading book two to find out what happens to Mia & Adam.


Where She Went
By Gayle Forman
4 Stars

Description: It's been three years since the devastating accident... three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Thoughts: This sequel is done in Adam's point of view. It takes place three years after the events in If I Stay.  I wasn't a fan of Adam's POV at first, but he grows on you.  In this one I really connected with what Adam. The heartache and dysfunction he goes through.  Things are very up and down in this one, you really don't know how things will go, but I loved it just the same.  I would like to see Where She Went made into a movie, but I haven't heard anything about it.

Gayle Forman
Website | Facebook

For those wondering there are some difference between the book
and the movie, but nothing too damaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin