Tuesday, October 11, 2016

[Review]: Secrets in the Snow by Michaela MacColl

Title: Secrets in the Snow
Author: Michaela MacColl
Genre: Historical Fiction/Mystery
Release Date: October 4, 2016

I received this book from Chronicle Books , in exchange of an honest review.

Summary:  Jane Austen's family is eager to secure her future by marrying her off. But Jane is much more interested in writing her novels and finds every suitor lacking in one way or another. That is until the mysterious Mr. Lefroy arrives on the scene.

Much like the famous character Mr. Darcy, from one of the real-life Jane Austen's  famous novels, Mr. Lefroy initially seems arrogant and distasteful.  But the more Jane gets to know him, the more she discovers his kind nature. Can it be that he's the suitor for her? Before Jane can find out, her cousin is accused of aiding the French, England's enemy, and Jane finds herself busy proving her family innocence, solving a murder, and facing a decision that might mean the sacrifice of her one true love. 

Thoughts: When I received this book, I hadn't heard of it. I wasn't sure I was gonna read it. But when I read it involved Jane Austen, it definitely peaked my interest.  This was a wonderful read for me. I loved the mystery and intrigue that Secrets in the Snow offered. I would  have loved to seen more Jane and Lefroy, other than that it was great. Ms. MacColl does an amazing job bring Jane Austen and her world to life.  If you love Jane Austen and a good mystery, this one is for you.

On a side note if you want more Jane Austen and Mr. Lefroy I would suggest the movie Becoming Jane. I recently watched it and loved it. 

Score: 4 Stars

Author Website: http://michaelamaccoll.com/

Titles by Michaela MacColl:
Prisoners in the Palace 
Promise the Night January
Nobody's Secret 
Always Emily 
Rory's Promise 
The Revelation of Louisa May 
Freedom's Price 
Secrets in the Snow 
The Lost Ones 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin