Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Authors

Here are two new authors I'm looking forward to reading this year. :)



Would-Be Witch
By: Kimberly Frost

February 3rd

In the small town of Duvall, Texas, the only thing more troublesome than gossip — is magic.

The family magic seems to have skipped Tammy Jo Trask. All she gets in the way of the supernatural are a few untimely visits from the long dead, smart-mouthed family ghost, Edie. But when her locket—an heirloom that happens to hold Edie's soul—is stolen in the midst of a town-wide crime spree, it's time for Tammy to find her inner witch.

After a few experiences in dysfunctional magic, Tammy turns to the only one who can help; the very rich and highly magical, Bryn Lyons. He might have all the answers-and a 007 savoir faire to boot-but the locket isn't the only heirloom passed down in Tammy's family. She also inherited a warning...to stay away from anyone named Lyons.

http://www.frostfiction.com/


The Magic Knot
By: Helen Scott Taylor

January 27th

When Rose discovers she is the Cornish pisky queen and her father is a dark druid who has imprisoned her people in portraits, the race is on to discover the fairy lore needed to release her people before her father destroys the piskies forever.

She seeks help from the sinfully sexy Irish fairy twins, the O’Connor brothers. Niall’s faint air of menace flutters dark thrills of anticipation through her, but does he want to kiss her or kill her when she accidentally touches his Magic Knot and forges a mystical lovers’ bond with him? And can she resist the seductive glamour of his mischievous brother Michael?

With the survival of the Cornish piskies in her hands, Rose must escape from a vampiric, winged fairy, outwit The Queen of Nightmares and surrender her mind, body and spirit to Niall to release her hidden inner fairy. The Tarot cards warn he will stab her in the back, but when she’s in his arms, the last thing on her mind is death.
http://helenscotttaylor.com/

15 comments:

  1. Ohh, I have looked at The Magic Knot and keep meaning to add it to my list! I does look good.

    The other sounds like it might be first person :P!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna:

    Thank you so much for adding my blog to your list. It means so much to me!

    Thank you for the heads-up. Like Amy, I like the sound of "The Magic Knot", and will add it to my list.

    Have a great day;
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I love the new release list and the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Magic Knot sounds really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy... first person :P Your missing a lot of good stories. LOL!

    Lea... Not a problem, I'm addicted to blogging. Reading them and creating them. :)

    CJ... Thanks!

    Barbara... Yes it does. Comes out January 27th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, yeah, I know! But there is certainly enough other books out there to keep me occupied. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got our Package! Thank you soooo much!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ocelot! :-) Wonder how much I'll have to bribe Kimber with to get a cover flat of that...

    Have a lovely day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sha and Michelle... Glad to hear you got the package. Hope you enjoy the books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tez... Oooh is that how you get all your cover flats?

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, but I totally should start bribing - at least by offering to pay for the international postage ;-)

    Have a lovely day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I suppose it would't hurt. :) I wouldn't think it would cost that much to send cover flat to Australia, but then again I could be wrong. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anna - Thanks so much for posting the Would-Be Witch blurb; your blog is wonderful.

    Tez- I would totally send you a cover flat if I had any to send. I'm not sure if the publisher will send any in the next month or not. I do think the ocelot on the cover looks incredibly real. The Berkley artists are amazing. I can barely draw stick figures, so I think I'd better stick to writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by Kimberly!

    The Ocelot does look beautiful.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin