Thursday, April 2, 2009

In My Mailbox [1]

When Twilight came out on DVD.... with the exception of Wal-Mart each store had some type of extra that came with the DVD. I ended up getting my copy through Barnes and Noble. That one came with a free offer to get a Twilight skin for you pda, mp3 player, or cell phone. I ended up getting one for my iPod Touch. Ok, clueless me thought it would by like the plastic cases they have at the store. But the skin just sticks on the device. Below are pictures of how it turned out. Pretty neat I thought. I might get one of the non twilight variety for my cell.

http://www.skinit.com/








Lisa Kleypas' Sugar Daddy also arrived today. It's a Contemporary Romance. Not my usual, but since I've enjoy all the other Lisa Kleypas books I'm gonna give it a try. :)

Book Blurb: Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas—if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty is a complication he doesn’t need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.

When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty is under the spell of a billionaire tycoon—a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family’s past.

Two men. One woman. A choice that can make her or break her. A woman you’ll root for every step of the way. A love story you’ll never forget




And Brisingr on cd. It has 23 cd's. But It'll go pretty fast. :)

Book Blurb: Following the colossal battle against the Empire’s warriors on the Burning Plains, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have narrowly escaped with their lives. Still there is more at hand for the Rider and his dragon, as Eragon finds himself bound by a tangle of promises he may not be able to keep.

First is Eragon’s oath to his cousin Roran: to help rescue Roran’s beloved, Katrina, from King Galbatorix’s clutches. But Eragon owes his loyalty to others, too. The Varden are in desperate need of his talents and strength—as are the elves and dwarves. When unrest claims the rebels and danger strikes from every corner, Eragon must make choices— choices that take him across the Empire and beyond, choices that may lead to unimagined sacrifice.

Eragon is the greatest hope to rid the land of tyranny. Can this once-simple farm boy unite the rebel forces and defeat the king?

15 comments:

  1. How neat is that?! My hubby--believe it or not--is a big Twilight fan.

    YAY! I hope you like Sugar Daddy!

    Enjoy, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna!

    Cool skin for your ipod--I love Twilight, the only place around here that had it was Wal-Mart, so no extras for me :(

    Sugar Daddy sounds really good, so let us know your views. Sounds like a love that can't be denied no matter what the characters do.

    I loved Eragon (I've only read the first), so that one will probably be great too!!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Anna!

    That iPod cover is really unique! You got great books too! Man, everyone is buying books again! I'm getting very jealous. (lol)

    You enjoy. :)

    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara... that is so cool your husband is a Twilight fan.

    I got my copy of Sugar Daddy from PBS but it looks brand new. Yay! :)

    Hi Dottie... I could've got the same dvd at Walmart too. But i was order books at the same time so i thought why not. LOL1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lea... Even though I probably shouldn't but I'm going to B&N and Borders tomorrow. But I only have a few books on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the skin!!

    I LOVED Sugar Daddy and am reading Smooth Talking Stranger now!

    My husband and son (11) watched Twilight last week and hated it... I thought they would enjoy it. Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I called B over to take a look at the ipod skin and she is so jealous. Then she saw the cover of the new BDB book coming out - she said he looks like Dominic Purcell. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah it does look a bit like Dominic Purcell. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very neat skin and thanks for the link........I'm looking for something new for my iPod touch!!

    Great books too and I'll be joining you on the shopping at Borders tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so not on the Twilight bandwagon. Sorry.

    As for Sugar Daddy, it's VERY good, but Blue-Eyed Devil? One of the best books I've ever read. That's me, though. :D It's just so...consuming, but in a good way.

    Smooth Talking Stranger is good, but I think it's the weakest of the 3 so far. I gave it an A- if that tells you anything. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Yes I believe I seen you mention that somewhere before. But that's ok, not everyone likes it.


    Oh, that sounds very good. I love books that consume. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool skin :)

    23 cd's...that's just wow :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be waiting to see what you think of Sugar Daddy!! I love her contemporaries and have her latest one it's way to me even as we speak (or even as I type this out as the case may be *g*)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm hoping I like it as much as I do her Historicals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in the same Lisa Kleypas contemporary camp as Bridget. Sugar Daddy is great, Blue-Eyed Devil is amazing, and Smooth Talking Stranger is clearly weaker, but still so comforting good. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    Brsinger is 23 cds? Holy smokes! LOL We got the book for Christmas... I'm a bit intimidated by its length, plus it has been a while since I read Eldest, so I'm putting it off. Not a good sign. I did that with Harry Potter book 7 and *still* haven't read that one either!! ACk!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin