Friday, November 11, 2011

[Review] - Adam by Jacquelyn Frank

Title: Adam
Author: Jacquelyn Frank
Series: The Nightwalkers
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: October 25, 2011

Summary:  Haunted by magic, beset by evil, the Nightwalkers face their darkest hour yet. And when they unthinkable happens, only one legendary male has the power, the will, to save them: Adam....

FOR 400 YEARS HE WAS LOST TO HER, BUT HE IS HERS TONIGHT...

From their first tantalizing touch, Jasmine knows he is different. What other lover could unlock her tight control, flood Vampire senses jaded by a lifetime of decadent self indulgence? Centuries ago, when he disappeared without a trace, she had given up hope of ever fulfilling the promise of incomparable passion. But here he is, against the very laws of nature, ready to bring down their most vicious enemy, ready to bring her blood to the boiling point.... If she will only let him.

Thoughts: I had forgotten all about Jacob & Kane's long lost brother Adam, so going into this story I didn't know what to expect.   To say I was wowed by this story is an understatement. The prologue is one of the most shocking prologues I've ever read.  It was of the "OMG, I can't believe the author did this" variety.  I wanted to rant and stop reading there. But I kept reading and was totally captivated. The creativity Ms. Frank brings it this story and the whole world of The Nightwalkers is amazing.  Adam made me remember how much I love this series.  It is filled with time travel, powerful love and perilous danger.  I think fans will be shocked  as I was, but love it just the same.

Score: 4 Stars

Author Website: http://www.jacquelynfrank.com

The Nightwalkers:

Jacob
Gideon
Elijah
Damien
Noah
Adam

7 comments:

  1. I felt exactly the same way. I almost stopped reading into the fourth chapter, but I pushed through and by the fifth, everything was better. All I can say is Jacquelyn Frank is evil! And totally amazing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked the story, Anna. I really loved Frank's Nightwalker series. I haven't had the chance to read her newer ones. You have me wondering what's in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the RT Conference last year when Jacquelyn revealed the cover art for Adam, and kept hinting that this one was gonna be a shocker. Guess she wasn't exaggerating, huh?


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica,

    Yep, evil is a good word. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara,

    You should definitely check Adam out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori,

    Nope, she wasn't exaggerating one bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds amazing. I have not read any of the series but it sounds like I will need to give it a try. Thanks for the awesome review!

    Miranda


    http://www.momsbookshelf.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin