Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday features a different topic and you post your top ten list related to the topic.
This weeks topic is Top Ten Favorite Authors In (your choice of) Genre. Since I normally chat about PNR, UF or YA I thought I'd talk about a different genre I enjoy. Historical Romance! It's not always my go to genre, but I do have some favorites. :)
Here are my Top Ten Favorite Authors In Historical Romance.
1. Julia Quinn
- The first series I read by Quinn was the duology Two Dukes of Wyndham and enjoyed both. Then the ladies over at Book Binge recommended I check out The Bridgertons series. The first book I fell in love with this family. After that Julia Quinn became a must read.
- Lisa Kleypas is another author recommended to me. My friend Barbara insisted I read a series called The Wallflowers. She even sent me the first book.. no more excuses. I dived in and was hooked. Kleypas is another instant buy for me. Although I do prefer her historical romance novels to her contemporary ones.
- I first read Jennifer Ashley under the name Allyson James. But then the Highland Pleasures came along and I feel in love with her Scottish guys. If your a fan of Highlanders you don't want to miss this series
- I discovered Dare through the publisher. The books are about regency wolves and vampyres. I'm not sure what it is about the books, but they hook me in every time. I've love all the 9 books they've released.
- I adored The Legend of the Four series. I end up read this series based on the beautiful covers and it ended being a very good series. I have Hoyt's Maiden Lane series on my list too, but haven't read it yet.
- Ms. Burrowes is a fairly new author and one I found through the publisher. I read the first book The Heir and fell in love with the Windham Family.
- Moning's Highlander series is amazing. It's both historical and time-travel. I listened to each and everyone on audio because Phil Gigante is full of awesome. I could listen to his voice all day. If you have read KMM's Fever series, I highly recommend reading her Highlanders because they are connected.
- For those who don't know Kinley MacGregor is Sherrilyn Kenyon. She wrote the Brotherhood/MacAlister series. I loved this one too. Once again if you have a Scottish addiction, this is the series to check out.
- I have only read two of her books, but enjoyed both. Especially Broken Wing. Plain and simply it is a must read.
- Lucy Monroe writes a lot of contemporary novels, but my favorite series she does is Children of the Moon. It's both paranormal and historical. More Highlanders! ;)