Monday, May 26, 2014

Movie Review: Vampire Academy

Title: Vampire Academy
Starring: Zoe Deutch, Lucy Fry, Danila Kozlovsky & Dominic Sherwood (IMDB)
Director: Mark Waters
Writers: Daniel Waters & Richelle Mead
Running Time: 104 mins
DVD Release: May 20, 2014

Movie Description: Based on the best-selling novel by Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy tells the story of two 17 year old girls, Rose Hathaway  (Zoe Deutch) a rebellious half-vampire
/half-human who is training to be a guardian at St. Vladimir's Academy and her best friend, Princess Lissa Dragomir (Lucy Fry), a peaceful, mortal vampire.

After ditching school and being on the run for a year, Rose and Lissa are caught and brought back to the Academy. Lissa struggles to reclaim her social status while Rose risks everything in attempt to protect her best friend from the immortal evil vampires that lurk just outside the walls of their school.  (description from DVD)

Thoughts: I'm a fan of the books series, so I was excited to see Vampire Academy was being made into a movie. But worried too, Hollywood has a habit of ruining movies based on books. But I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure there are many out there who hated this adaption with a fiery hate, but for me I really enjoyed.  Zoe Deutch & Lucy Fry brought everything to the screen I love about the two best friends. The humor and snark translated very well. I loved Danila Kozlovsky as Dimitri, I would to see him in more movies. The one con about the movie was the reference to sparkle vampires and Twilight.  I found that a bit lame and unnecessary. Other than that I found that everything I loved about the book was in this movie. - 4 Stars

DVD Special Features:
Alternate Opening
Deleted Scenes
A Conversation with Author Richelle Mead

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin